Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Catching up...

There is no real reason for this post…just to catch everyone up on the happenings here. No pictures though. We loaned the camera out and haven’t gotten it back yet.

This summer so far has pretty much been about school. Yep, it’s exciting. Both Jake and I are taking summer classes. I also switched from working days to working nights (I make more money that way). We had to miss out on the South family reunion in June. We were both pretty bummed, but we both had classes. It will all be worth it one day, right?

At the end of June I went to a camp in Williams for special needs people. It was part of my class and I was there four days. It was pretty fun and I learned a lot. I came back Thursday night and worked, then we headed to Eagar for the 4th of July. Of course that was a whirlwind of family time with the Halls and the Boddekers. I loved it, but going to Eagar always leaves me feeling a little guilty that we didn’t spend enough time with one or both families. Not that either ever complain (that I know of). I just wish we had unlimited time. We missed Jason and Jen and the boys. I’m so glad they are closer now, and I can’t wait for their new little baby to be born.

Speaking of babies, the number one question we got asked at home was when we were going to have kids. Um, not yet. That’s all I have to say about that…

So now here we are, back in the heat and the swing of things. Jacob’s birthday is Saturday. I’m going to take him to one of the Brazilian barbecue places here in the Valley. Hopefully we’ll have pictures from that.

So that’s it. Our exciting summer so far. By the end we hope to have a trip to Havasupai (2 for Jacob), and at least one more back to Eagar to beat the heat. Then we’ll hit the books hard again for my last semester (yay) and Jake’s…well, he’s on the downhill slide.

4 comments:

  1. It's nice to hear from you guys! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like our summer, school school and more school. It's good you guys are doing good, I hope this school thing is worth it because if it isn't, we are wasting a lot of good time in our lives haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a Brazilian BBQ place called "Brazilian Bull" in the Ahwatukee (not sure if I spelled that right...) area. We went for our Anniversary. DELISH!

    Glad you're doing great! For a second there, I thought we were getting a baby announcement!

    I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update! Loved it! Sounds like you two are busy bodies!

    And....just b/c I can't help it....it's totally okay that you are waiting a bit for a bebe Don't let others make you feel guilty. It's not their choice. It's yours. ALL YOURS! That's all. I'll get off of my soap box now.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete